Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

Baby Lucy

You have met Ella and here's Lucy! She is a year old now and in this photo she was just two days old! She's sleeping snugly under the baby quilt I managed to make for her just before her birth.


Here we were still in the hospital and you have no idea how much this quilt cheered me up. It was wonderful to wrap her up in it as we moved around the ward. This quilt makes me think about the joy of playing... 


When I'll get round to ironing it I'll show you what the other side looks like because there's a surprise!

The fabric, many will already know, is "Sherbet Pips" by Aneela Hoey for Moda. I fell in love with Aneela Hoey's fabric as soon as I first saw it and in the meantime have also fallen for "A walk in the woods" and "Sew Stitchy"... Now she's out with Posy and I really like "Story" and "Ditsy". I hope one day to buy a "Sew Stitchy" charm pack because I have this idea for making a sewing bag for patchwork blocks.

You must go and see Aneela Hoey's blog comfortstitching, I've been reading it for a while now and, even though I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her, it's as though she's let you become her friend and shown you inside her house.

No comments:

Post a Comment