Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

Creattiva Bergamo and my favourite stands (Part 1)

If you're going to Creattiva Bergamo for the first time (from the 15th to the 17th of February, see my previous post) or still haven't decided whether to go or not, then let me tell you about my favourite stands.

Let me see, where can I start? How about Savoir Faire "il salotto delle idee", which is also a shop in Bergamo (see this blog for some photos of the shop). A very nice and helpful group of people working there and I think it's a family run business. They stock Kaffe Fassett, which is really hard to find around here. In fact I still haven't found a shop selling this fabric and am always looking at what's on offer on Internet. Look at this lovely packet of fat quarters - Curio by Basic Grey for Moda - in a pretty little bundle...



You must not miss the fantastic stand of Manfred Gerhardt (from Germany - Pad. A n° 171, 173) with the most incredible selection of fancy trims and ribbons I have ever seen. His stand is self service (unbelievable!) which means you can hang around forever looking and looking again to your hearts content! Just remember not to get carried away!



I must mention Roberta de Marchi from Lecco (Pad. A n° 77, 79): the stand is beautiful to look at and the choice of linens is really good.


For good value in my continuous search for self cover buttons at a decent price I like Le Coccole di Maria Gio (Pad. B n° 186, 188). Well I won't show you a picture of those, we know what they look like. Instead I'll show you this:



You can make necklaces or bracelets with this jersey strip or... I haven't decided what yet but I'm sure one day I'll think of something and it will be just what I need!

2nd part of this post coming up soon!









No comments:

Post a Comment