Pages

Thursday 28 November 2013

Apple Baby Hat: November challenge for Across the Pond Sew Along

Here is the Apple Baby Hat I made for this month's challenge for the Across the Pond Sew Along. The hardest part of making this hat was actually... taking the photos! It is so difficult taking photos of children, they move sooo fast. In the end I took some photos just of the hat, I was getting quite desperate!



The Apple Baby Hat is made using the pattern for the Dino-mite Hat from Patchwork, please! by Ayumi Takahashi. I just swapped the spikes for a quilted leaf and a fat stem.


Of course, the apple fabric helps give the idea too. The red and pink meant that I could use pink minky on the inside (to make it nice and warm) and pink velvet tags for tying the hat under baby's chin.

 

I think I just have to get faster at taking photos or take a thousand to get one good shot!
 It was fun though!



Amy Made That!...by eamylove



16 comments:

  1. Oh my! If this isn't the cutest little thing I ever did see!!! Adorable. I am a teacher - so have an affinity for all things apples...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So delightful ! What a clever idea to use that hat pattern and adapt it for an apple!! It is really pretty, and should be warm with the minky lining. Your leaf and stem are very realistic!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so stinkin cute!! It looks adorable on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this? I too struggle with photos and my target doesn't move!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute little apple hat! I love it!

    Navy Wifey Peters @ Submarine Sunday Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so adorable! I love the stem on top!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous hat, love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute & that fabric is fabulous. Thanks for linking to the Craftastic Monday party at Sew Can Do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness. Cutest thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute, cute little hat, love the stem sticking up!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an adorable little hat! I will be featuring you on Tell Me Tuesday tonight! Thanks for linking up!! :)

    ReplyDelete