Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

Debbie's @ A Quilter's Table Mango Block for the Global Scrap Bee

For the Global Scrap Bee last month's Queen Erica from Happy Fabric asked for blocks with red and green on backgrounds of white/cream in a block design of our choice. Erica wants to make a Christmas sampler quilt with her bee blocks. I decided to try using Debbie's (A Quilter's Table) Mango Block, that had caught my eye. I liked it how the circle reminded me, in Christmas colours, of a wreath and how the pinwheel would make that wreath stand out.


The instructions for making the block and the templates were super clear. I don't have much experience sewing curves but it went off quite easily with the help of a few pins. My version of the block isn't perfect but I like the fabric I used for the circle as it has a pretty pattern that looks just like a wreath.


Debbie's version using Nordika is fantastic, the quilting is stunning!

Photo from A Quilter's Table


Photo from A Quilter's Table



8 comments:

  1. How fun to see this in the flickr pool this morning and I love that you are using it as a bee block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should be a lovely bee quilt, I agree your block looks like a peppermint wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent choice for a Christmas quilt. Yes, the circle resembles a wreath, and the red and white pinwheel brings candy canes to mind. Great job.

    Thanks for linking up to the Slow Bloggers Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous. Very striking block. Will look great in Erica's sampler quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely work :) just popped over from the slow bloggers linky :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely! I'm delighted to find someone new to visit, also from the slow bloggers linky.

    ReplyDelete