Pages

Tuesday 16 September 2014

50's Style Placemats: Le Challenge

Once upon a time I bought two tea towels from IKEA and they stayed for a long long time folded in a draw. I liked them so much I was afraid that the Evil Marks of the Kitchen would attack them. The spell I cast to protect them made them fall asleep for one hundred months (?!), hidden away in that draw until...


Fairy Le Challenge arrived and magically opened that draw, freeing the two tea towels from their long sleep...


with a wave of her wand, Fairy Le Challenge transformed the tea towels into four pretty 50's style placemats and made the Breakfast Table their new reign.


And they lived happily ever after.


P.S. Fairy Le Challenge also cast a spell by which the four placemats shall never be attacked by the Evil Marks of the Kitchen... how I wish!!!


Fairy Le Challenge lives here 
(in case you need help with something in one of your draws...):

Le Challenge


Follow on Bloglovin



16 comments:

  1. That is so cute! I wonder how it would look as a child's skirt? My toddler adores all things cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fairy Le Challenge is very talented. I know what you mean about saving pretty things and never using them in case they get dirty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn't seen Le Challenge before but had been thinking about trying one or two smaller projects - this looks like a great way to get started. Your placemats are cool - I love that 1950s vibe (I have a yearning for a 50s kitchen cupboard).

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet. I love the green and yellow backing fabrics - nice and bright :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a happy ending for the little cupcakes! They look so cute - I'm also a fan of the retro kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahahah! Love that little story you made about era, and lovely mats! Thanks for sharing on le challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute fabrics and perfect for a 50s era!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is ingenious! Great way for them to now be out in the open.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a brilliant fairy tale and they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea.Gorgeous mats and fabrics.Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aha i thought those cupcakes looked familiar!!!
    yay ikea..
    xo
    eva

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a good idea! They look lovely :)
    Happy week!
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete